Swimming pool session and shore dive – for open waters!
Not feeling quite ready to step back into Tassie waters? How recently have you practiced replacing your mask or weight belt underwater? Do you always hit the reef, damaging coral, longing to have the buoyancy control of a helicopter?!
Or, do you want to blow bubbles like Caters Clips “Diver Blowing Bubbles like a Dolphin” on YouTube?
We all need a refresher every now and then, or at least a safe place to do silly things and have some fun.
This is the first of two pool sessions that TUDC is hosting this semester – and this one is aimed at open waters!
Heavily subsidised so you can feel confident and safe underwater!
What you can expect on the day:
- 9:45am meet at Clarence Aquatic Centre YMCA
- 10am-12pm dive in the swimming pool!
- This is a super flexible session, directed by what you would like to cover
- Refresh skills from open water and/or advanced courses
- Obstacle course/scavenger hunt made of hoops, weights and other exciting objects
- 12-1:30pm move to Taroona Beach and have a BBQ
- Please let us know any dietary requirements in the comments box
- 1:30-3:30pm Crayfish Point shore dive and wash gear at the sheds!
- Use some of your new skills in the field! Find families of crayfish all along the outlet pipe down into the Derwent! There could be schooling fish, sponges and draughtboard sharks as well. This marine reserve is an easy dive with easy beach access to the water and a maximum depth of approximately 10m. Crayfish Point is an awesome dive to start with if you’ve never dived in Tassie or are new to diving, and there’s always things to see!
Please bring gear you would normally dive with – wetsuit, fins, mask, snorkel, gloves, etc. Hire of BCD, tank, regs and weights is available.
***Disclaimer: TUDC cannot teach or reteach you to dive – if you haven’t done your open water dive course or need proper supervision, please go to a store and do a course (Open Water/Dive Refresh). HOWEVER, there will be experienced divers there ready to help you and provide advice. Please come with things you’d like to practise (relook at your PADI dive manual or do a quick Google).
Bookings are closed for this event.