**You MUST have at least Rescue Diver to join this day!
Your PADI Rescue Diver Course recommends you refresh the practical skills you learnt in the course during every dive, with a big session with your mates every year…
…How often have you done this?
This pool and shore dive day will allow you to refresh the skills you learnt in your Rescue Course and ensure you and those who dive with you can remain safe!
PLEASE do not underestimate the importance of refreshing safety skills. We promote safe diving at TUDC, thus this day is heavily subsidised!
We’ll likely finish both the pool and shore dives early, so there’ll be games and challenges afterwards if you’re feeling competitive.
What you can expect on the day:
- 9:45am meet at Clarence Aquatic Centre YMCA
- 10am-12pm dive in the swimming pool diving!
- Panicked diver rescue
- Removal of dive gear and rescue breathing
- Struggling diver procedure
- What else did you learn on the course? This is a super flexible session, directed by you, allowing you space to practice complex skills, including anything you learnt in your Rescue or Dive Master course.
- 12-1:30pm move to an appropriate local beach (TBA) and have a BBQ
- Please let us know your dietary requirements in the comments box
- 1:30-3:30pm shore dive and wash gear at the sheds!
- Navigation (what pattern will you use to find a missing diver?)
- Bring unconscious divers back to shore
- We could follow this with a normal shore dive, depending on how people feel
Please bring gear you would normally dive with – wetsuit, fins, mask, snorkel, gloves, etc. Hire of BCD, tank, regs and weights will be available.
***Disclaimer: TUDC cannot teach or reteach you to dive – if you need proper supervision, please go to a store and do a Dive Refresh course. HOWEVER, there will be experienced divers there ready to help you and provide advice. We’ll work together. Please come with things you’d like to review (relook at your PADI dive manual or do a quick Google).
|Dive Qualification Required
|Advanced Open Water
|Clarence Aquatic Centre YMCA
|Day or Night Dive
|Number of Dives
Refunds are at the Dive Coordinator's discretion however the following guidelines apply to normal events:
Cancellation where a replacement diver is found: 100% refund
No show or cancellation with less than 48 Hours notice: 0% refund
Cancellation with greater than 48 Hours but less than a week's notice: 50% refund
Cancellation with greater than a week's notice: 100% refund
Bookings are closed for this event.